Supporters travelling through to Aberdeen for matches over the next six months should be aware that roadworks will disrupt travel through Keith for the next six months.
The A96 Inverness to Aberdeen road will be reduced to a single carriageway in Keith from next week as part of a £1.1m refurbishment project.
The bridge that crosses the River Isla and the town’s heritage railway will have temporary traffic lights on it until March 2019 to allow engineers to remove the existing walls on the bridge and carry out strengthening work on the structure and bases.
The first phase of the project will begin on Wednesday 26 September 2018 and run until Friday 21 December 2018, the second phase will start on Monday 14 January 2019 and finish on Friday 22 March 2019.
The A96 will remain open throughout the work but will be reduced to a single carriageway.
As a result there will be delays to traffic going through Keith. At this stage we don’t intend to change the departure time for the Inverness Reds supporters bus but will review that depending on any delays experienced.
The matches that will be affected by these works are:
- Sat 6 Oct – Aberdeen v St Mirren
- Sat 27 Oct – Aberdeen v Livingston
- Wed 31 Oct – Aberdeen v Hamilton
- Fri 9 Nov – Aberdeen v Hibernian
- Sat 1 Dec – Aberdeen v Dundee
- Sat 8 Dec – Aberdeen v St Johnstone
- Sat 26 Jan – Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
- Wed 6 Feb – Aberdeen v The Rangers
- Sat 16 Feb – Aberdeen v St Mirren
- Wed 27 Feb – Aberdeen v Hamilton
- Sat 16 Mar – Aberdeen v Livingston
Please allow extra time to get through the roadworks.