ScotRail are going to reduce some services from the December timetable change due to the reduction in passenger use of services.
The following services will be withdrawn from the timetable change from 13 December 2020 on the Far North Line, Highland mainline and between Inverness and Elgin.
Far North Line
- 11:42 Inverness to Dingwall and 12:45 Dingwall to Inverness services are withdrawn Monday to Saturday;
- 14:50 Inverness to Invergordon and 15:51 Invergordon to Inverness are withdrawn Monday to Saturday;
- 23:33 Inverness to Tain service is withdrawn on Friday and Saturday;
- 00:46 Tain to Muir of Ord service is withdraw on Saturday and Sunday;
The 18:33 Inverness to Thurso/Wick service will have the Beauly stop reinstated.
The Highland mainline
The following services will be withdrawn from the Highland mainline;
- 09:44 Inverness to Edinburgh service is withdrawn Monday to Saturday;
- 15:56 Inverness to Edinburgh service is withdrawn Monday to Saturday;
- 17:41 Edinburgh to Inverness is withdrawn Monday to Saturday;
- 05:36 Inverness to Edinburgh terminates at Perth, Monday to Friday. On a Saturday this service will continue to Edinburgh;
Inverness to Elgin
- 11:48, 13:33, 15:10 and 19:02 Inverness to Elgin services withdrawn Monday to Saturday. The 20:40 Inverness to Elgin serivce is reinstated from December;
- 07:29, 12:38, 14:20 and 16:14 Elgin to Inverness service are withdrawn Monday to Saturday;