Pittodrie Stadium

Pittodrie Stadium
Pittodrie Stadium
Pittodrie Stadium
Richard Donald Stand
Pittodrie Stadium
Pittodrie Stadium
Pittodrie Stadium
Richard Donald Stand
OPENINGSeptember 2, 1899RENOVATED1993CAPACITY20,866
TRAINAberdeen StationDIMENSIONS100m x 66mBUSES1, 2, 13, X40
SURFACENatural grassPHONE NUMBER01224 631903ADDRESSPittodrie Stadium, Pittodrie Street, Aberdeen, AB24 5QH View on Map

A HISTORY

Pittodrie Stadium, commonly referred to as Pittodrie, is an all-seater stadium in Aberdeen, Scotland. Used primarily for football, it has been the home ground of Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) club Aberdeen F.C. since they were formed in 1903. Prior to then, the ground hosted the original Aberdeen F.C. from 1899 until the merger that created the present club.

With a seating capacity of 20,866; Pittodrie is the fourth largest stadium in the SPFL and the largest stadium in Scotland outside the Central Belt. Pittodrie has been the location of a number of firsts in the field of stadium design, including the invention of the dugout, and in 1978 became one of the first all-seater stadia in the United Kingdom.

As of 2017, Pittodrie has hosted fourteen matches involving the Scotland national team. The ground has also staged rugby union, with four Scotland international fixtures being held. In club football, Inverness Caledonian Thistle temporarily shared Pittodrie during part of the 2004–05 season.

Testimonials

X