From Sunday 16 February 2020, the Inverness Reds will be introducing a new fare structure for the supporters buses.
We’ll trial the new fare structure till the end of the current season.
We haven’t increased the price of bus fares for the past six years and during that period there has been significant increase in fuel and hire costs.
- Diesel fuel has increased 26%;
- Bus hire costs have increased 14% (with a further increase due this year);
- The higher costs for running buses to away matches;
- An increase in the number of late cancellations, what were break-even buses, run subsequently at a loss.
It has always been the aim of the Supporters Club to make sure that the buses break-even and self sustaining and we need to ensure that can continue.
Following an online survey with members, members have selected that there should be a set fare for everybody, so that everyone pays the same.
The result was:
- 56.5% – same set fare for everyone;
- 43.5% – general bus fare increase;
The change means a set fare for everyone for every bus, this would see some members seeing no change, a reduction or an increase of up to £3: