Hope you are all keeping well.
We would like to update you on the situation for supporters buses for the start of next season.
Return to Pittodrie
Following the Scottish Government announcement today (22 June 2021), it looks like it will be possible to open Pittodrie at full capacity IF social distancing measures are scrapped completely for outdoor events from 9 August 2021 as indicated.
This being the case, it would be our intention to run supporters buses to matches for the start of the season from 9 August 2021. The first home match after that date is against Ross County on 28 August 2021.
Should the social distancing rules be removed completely from 9 August 2021, this would mean:
- Pittodrie will likely re-open at full capacity;
- You may still be asked to wear face coverings on supporters buses (dependent on Government advice) and we will be running buses with some windows open to assist with ventilation;
- You may only be able to travel and may need to provide evidence to show you have had two doses of the vaccination (we will review guidance nearer the time) – you can request a free vaccination certificate here;
- You will be asked for the time being, to check-in and check-out of the bus using the Check In Scotland app; you can download the Check-in Scotland app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- NEW – You will also be asked to activate the Protect Scotland app on your phone. You can download the Protect Scotland app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- There will be hand sanitiser made available on supporters buses;
- Supporters buses will be able to run at full capacity;
It is not our intention to ask for membership fees currently until we have certainty on what happens following updated Scottish Government advice at the start of August 2021.
We will notify you when you can book a seat on the bus. Please do not book a seat on the bus in the meantime.
Fares and Fuel
Following our last bus to the Aberdeen v Hibs match in March 2020, the price of fuel and bus hire has increased significantly.
We had introduced a new flat fare structure of £15 return in February 2020 prior to lockdown, and we may need to review this again considering any increase in costs.
We will notify you if there will be any changes to supporters bus fares.
As we get further information about the return to Pittodrie, we will update this post as the situation becomes clearer.