Aberdeen supporters should be aware of a number of events taking place this weekend that will make roads and public transport services busier for those fans going to the Hibernian v Aberdeen match in Edinburgh on Saturday.
- the Edinburgh International Festival and Festival Fringe is still running and Edinburgh itself will be busy throughout the weekend – with both public transport and roads into and out of the city busier than usual;
- A Tough Mudder event is taking place at Holyrood Park in Edinburgh where thousands of people are expected to attend – parking for supporters near Easter Road may be trickier than normal;
- Supporters travelling from Inverness and Central Highlands should note that the A9 will be busier than normal due to Thunder in the Glens motor cycle rally taking place in Aviemore;
- Also on the A9, the Blair Castle Horse Trials are taking place with traffic around Blair Atholl busier than normal;
- The British Touring Car Championships is taking place at Knockhill at the weekend, traffic on the M90 will busier than normal between Junction 4 and Junction 6;
- There will be heavier traffic on the A90 with the The Bell Rock Music Festival taking place in Arbroath – the event starts at midday on Saturday;
Supporters should leave plenty of time to get to the game.
Local Bus Services – The Lothian Region Transport buses depart Princes Street every few minutes and stops in London Road at Easter Road, which is only a few minutes walk to the Stadium. Route maps are located at most bus stops.
Train Service – Edinburgh Waverley is served by trains from all over the country and adjoins Princes Street. The Stadium is about a 20-25 minute walk from Princes Street. There is a taxi rank situated within the Station.
AT THE STADIUM
Aberdeen supporters will enter the South stand via turnstiles 5, 6, 7 and 8. Turnstiles open at 2pm.
Tickets are for allocated seating. The other half of the South Stand is occupied by home fans. There will be segregation in place internally and externally. At the end of the game Aberdeen Supporters will be guided right, towards Crawford Bridge.