Supporters travelling by rail between Inverness – Huntly/Inverurie/Dyce and Aberdeen should be aware that the final works to double track the line between Aberdeen and Inverurie will take place between 4 May 2019 to 19 August 2019.
This will disrupt travel for supporters at the end of the current season and the start of the 2019/20 season.
Buses will replace trains as follows:
- 4 May – 14 June 2019 – buses replace trains between Inverurie and Dyce;
- 15 June – 9 August 2019 – buses replace trains between Huntly and Dyce;
- 10 August – 12 August 2019 – buses replace trains between Inverness and Aberdeen;
- 13 August – 19 August 2019 – buses replace trains between Huntly and Aberdeen;
Following the work this will mean:
- More services between Inverness and Elgin (from December 2018) and increasing through 2019 until there is an hourly service all day;
- A half-hourly service all day between Inverurie and Aberdeen from December 2019, with extra services at peak times;
- Additional Elgin to Aberdeen early morning and late evening services;
- Inter7City trains will operate between Inverness and Aberdeen;
- A new direct service between Inverurie and Montrose, reducing the need to change at Aberdeen;