Aberdeen Football Club have been granted permission to host 5,665 supporters for our UEFA Europa Conference League qualifier against BK Häcken at Pittodrie next Thursday (22 July 2021).
Council officers said “it would be consistent” with the precedent set by events such as Euro 2020 and NHS Grampian also said it did not object to the plans.
The Red Army will be required to show proof of a negative lateral flow test in order to attend and attendance will be limited to season ticket holders.
AFC Chairman, Dave Cormack, said: “This is a major step in the right direction and we’re grateful to the local authority for working closely with us to get to this stage.
“Ideally, we wanted to be able to accommodate all our season ticket members. However, 5,665 represents 73% of the 7,800 season tickets sold to date. Based on our previous percentages of season ticket members take-up (55% to 60%) and the fact that some have indicated that they are not ready to attend games just yet, we believe we’ll be able to accommodate all who want to attend.
“Every supporter will require proof of a negative lateral flow test, which we believe is a price worth paying to demonstrate, more than any other similar event in Scotland has done so far, that we as a Club do care about safety and about implementing the highest standards possible.
“The tight timescales and logistics involved mean we are unable to organise a ballot so tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, initially to season ticket members.
“I’d like to reiterate the amazing efforts of our stadium manager, and the operations team at the Club in getting us to this point and assure you that we’ve done everything, within our control, to get as many fans back safely.
“I’d urge all season ticket members to read the information below carefully and ensure that they are willing to comply with all the measures we have had to put in place to secure consent for 5,665 fans, before applying on-line for tickets. These include proof of a negative lateral flow test and strict compliance with our procedures for this game.”
- Partial capacity confirmed for match with BK Hacken, 5,665 supporters to attend
- Seats will be available in Merkland, South & RDS only due to the Main Stand being classified as a red zone as per UEFA Return to Play protocols
- Season ticket members will be able to purchase tickets online from 5pm on Friday 16th July on a first come first served basis. The ticket office will be open from 10am-4pm on Saturday 17th July or supporters can call 01224 63 1903.
- Government guidance means that you can attend on your own or sit with family or friends in groups of 2, 3 or 4
- Any remaining tickets will be made available for general sale from Tuesday 20th July at 9am
- Season ticket members who do not purchase a ticket for the match will receive access to Pay-Per-View through RedTV at a discounted price
- Supporters attending the match must produce a Photo ID, valid match ticket and evidence of a negative Lateral Flow Test taken on matchday before entering the stadium