Ahead of the UEFA Europa League 3rd round draw tomorrow, UEFA have confirmed that the Dons will be in Group 4 of the draw, which could see them face the likes of PSV Eindhoven, Connah’s Quay Nomads, FK Partizan and Eintracht Frankfurt in the next round.
Aberdeen will not be seeded in this round.
Matches for Round 3 will take place on Thursday 8 August and Thursday 15th August 2019.
The draw will take place at 1pm on Monday 22 July 2019.
Group 4 in full as follows:
1. PSV Eindhoven (NED) / FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
2. Connah’s Quay Nomads FC (WAL) / FK Partizan (SRB)
3. FC Flora Tallinn (EST) / Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
4. HNK Rijeka (CRO)
5. AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX) / Vitória SC (POR)
6. Fehérvár FC (HUN) / FC Vaduz (LIE)
7. FK Haugesund (NOR) / SK Sturm Graz (AUT)
8. Malatyaspor (TUR) / NK Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)
9. FC Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO) / Aberdeen FC (SCO)
10. FK Ventspils (LVA) / Gzira United FC (MLT)
- The clubs are ranked according to their coefficient (teams from ties yet to be played will take the coefficient of the seeded team in each) and further split into seeding groups.
- Each side in each seeding group is allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams’ numbers are placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams’ numbers (within the same sub-group of clubs) in another.
- A ball is taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
- The clubs in all four groups whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides in all four groups whose numbers match the next ball drawn.