- Advertise with the Inverness RedsPosted 11 hours ago
- Ryan Jack Wins First Full Scotland Call UpPosted 15 hours ago
- Derek Aims To End SPL PainPosted 15 hours ago
- Rae Target of Dundee and St JohnstonePosted 15 hours ago
- Sky Summer of Sport CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Derek In Pledge To SupportersPosted 2 days ago
- Russell Thanks FansPosted 2 days ago
- AFC DONScast – HeartsPosted 2 days ago
- McInnes Praises Rae and OsbournePosted 3 days ago
- New AFC Home Kit LaunchedPosted 3 days ago
'Phenomenal' Sale of Ross County Cup Final Tickets
- Updated: May 6, 2010
First Division Ross County said its supporters have bought more than 15,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup final against Dundee United.
The Proclaimers’ song We’re on Our Way has also been adapted into a County anthem for the game by Highland band Torridon.
The match on 15 May will take place at Hampden in Glasgow.
Ross County president Roy MacGregor said ticket sales had been “phenomenal”.
“I think one or two people suspected I had lost the plot after the semi-final when I said I wanted to get 20,000 people from the Highlands behind the team for the final,” he said.
“But sales so far have been absolutely phenomenal and we’ve already got more than twice as many going as we did for the semi.
“People are really getting caught up in the spirit and excitement of something very special that the area has never experienced before – and they want to be there to see it for themselves.”
On Thursday, it was revealed County had to abandon their training camp trip to Spain after their flight was cancelled because of concerns about volcanic ash.
The Dingwall club were due to travel from Glasgow Airport to Marbella.
The squad of 20 players and coaching staff were already an hour into their journey south when they were told the flight would not go-ahead.