- Advertise with the Inverness RedsPosted 7 hours ago
- Ryan Jack Wins First Full Scotland Call UpPosted 11 hours ago
- Derek Aims To End SPL PainPosted 11 hours ago
- Rae Target of Dundee and St JohnstonePosted 11 hours ago
- Sky Summer of Sport CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Derek In Pledge To SupportersPosted 2 days ago
- Russell Thanks FansPosted 2 days ago
- AFC DONScast – HeartsPosted 2 days ago
- McInnes Praises Rae and OsbournePosted 3 days ago
- New AFC Home Kit LaunchedPosted 3 days ago
Dons To Sign Uchechi and Hughes
- Updated: January 27, 2012
Aberdeen manager Craig Brown will sign former Rangers midfielder Stephen Hughes and Nigeria striker Danny Uchechi until at least the end of this season.
The pair have impressed during a week-long trial at Pittodrie and are expected to complete the formalities surrounding those deals later today.
The arrival of the experienced Hughes in particular will be a huge relief for Brown given the number of injuries to his key midfield players at the moment.
Rob Milsom is sidelined until next season after undergoing knee surgery in London last week while Isaac Osbourne and Peter Pawlett are out for another month with hamstring strains.
Hughes was released by Norwich City last summer and recently failed to win an extended deal after a short spell back at Motherwell.
Brown, who hopes a deal can be done to allow Hughes to make his debut at home to Dunfermline tomorrow, said: “We are making headway in our attempt to bring him in and have spoken to the player and his agent. If progress is maintained and if he is prepared to accept our terms then we will be looking to give him a contract until the end of the season.”
Uchechi made four appearances for Sheffield Wednesday earlier this season before their manager Gary Megson released the 22-year-old striker in November.
©2012 The Scotsman